Saturday, March 24, 2012

Like You Were Really There!


Friday, March 16th here at YWAM San Francisco, we had one of our Community Nights.  The Community Night is an event we have every quarter or so, to invite people in from the city to find out about what we do and who we are.  Each time, we also have a guest speaker to speak on something thought provoking about San Francisco spirituality or the Christian life.  This time, our speaker was Mark Scandrette, who's doing a lot of awesome stuff in SF.  I've explained seemingly a million times online what he does, and it's in the description in the link below, so I'll spare you.  Just know, it was awesome.  And guess what?  This time around, we recorded it, so you can see it too!  Click through the jump to get the link to our website.  It really was such a great time!


These are the kind of thing that I love seeing happen.  Planning events is always stressful in the process, and thank the Lord, I wasn't in charge of planning this whole thing, but I was the main person marketing for it online.  I was really afraid no one would come, and I would feel like a failure for not getting anyone excited about what we do.  But, we had a wonderful turnout!  Oh man, it was packed.  The speaker was great, there's a good video, people had a good time, all our ministries had great booths set up, it was just just great!  I'm excited for our future with these Community Nights.  I think to myself, wouldn't it be great if YWAMSF was the TED of Christian gatherings in San Francisco?  San Francisco is a city of movements!  And yet, a major revival has never happened in San Francisco.  I want to see YWAM, or the church et al, be leaders in thought in SF.  This is one of my passions while here.  This is a piece of my heart for Christ.

Anyway, click the link below to check out the night.  It'll be like you were really there!

YWAMSF March Community Night

No comments:

Post a Comment