Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Vision // Sacrifice


Hey everyone!

I have a few announcements before my post today. I'm going to start sending out these updates through email too!  There are probably some of you reading this in the email right now which is....awkward.  I suppose, somehow.  Anyway, for those who don't know, my primary source of update about everything I've been up to in San Francisco thus far has been through blog form, on my blog Communicating Missions.  This has been a convenient way, since it gives people the option to check out how I'm doing if they want, but they don't have to get overloaded by reading everything I write.  Well, I'm making kind of a change, and I'm going to start pushing these updates to email as well.  I want to make sure everyone who is keeping track of my missions work out in San Francisco has the ability to see what I'm up to, and doesn't feel out of the loop.  So!  Once a month, anyone signed up for my email newsletter will get something in their inbox from me, about everything that's going on with me in SF!  If you're not on this list already and you want to be, you can sign up for that here.  So, that's the big news!  If you'd like to get the newsletter, click through to the link, and if you'd rather just keep track on the blog, you can feel free to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time.  Thanks for being great!




Vision // Sacrifice:

The things I've been learning a lot lately, a lot of vision, a lot of sacrifice.  When I first came to YWAMSF, I was eager to do the greatest work I could for the kingdom of God.  I wanted to do this, and that, anything, everything!  I've been here for just over a year and a half now, and I have to say along the way, I've certainly got a healthy helping of conviction!  One thing God has really been teaching me is to sacrifice in your place of worship to Him.  It can be easy in life to get caught up in being known, and it can be easy to forget that often times, it's about knowing others, letting other be known.  I can't really take credit for that one, our base director here in SF, Tim Svoboda, really hit me in a good way with that.  I've been learning as my being a part of YWAMSF, to sacrifice my own desires to serve and meet those of others.

It's a freeing thing really.  In the sacrifice, fresh vision can be made.  When you put aside your own vision for the vision, your own desires for life, God reveals a bigger scope of the plan you can create corporately.

No comments:

Post a Comment