Thursday, June 20, 2013

Looking Back: Reflecting with Gratefulness

It's hard to believe that it's already nearing the end of June 2013, when it seems like just yesterday the new year was beginning. This year, in January, I knew generally what was going to happen, I just didn't know exactly how everything would play out. Which is a world apart from these last few years. I knew in March I'd be beginning my internship with YWAM Winnipeg, and when it was over in May I'd be planing as much as I could of our upcoming wedding. I knew now, in June, it'd be just around the corner.

Going over immigration papers for permanent residence in Canada and recording all the places I've been since I was 18 for legal purposes, I was reminded how atypical this kind of year has been so far. It seems I bounced half way across America and back since my junior year of high school. In reality, I bounced all the way across America, then out, and up to Canada! I've couch surfed in Colorado, landed to help out with my talents in graphic design in Colorado Springs, drove on over to San Francisco and ended up spending over two years on staff with YWAM. Spent a few weeks here and there in Utah, occasional trips to Ohio; A lot of which over the 6 or so years since I was 18 I didn't know I'd be doing until a few months or weeks before. Funny what all some paperwork can remind you of.

It's been such a crazy journey. Such a crazy picture of God's hand in our lives. While it's true that nothing we do would be possible without God, it really shows when what your doing seems insane and all over the place. Well, I've landed now in Winnipeg Manitoba for now, and even that God has led me though safely. It's hard to live into ministry and write about it, feeling like your words will be mistaken as justification for what you've done, not thankfulness for what He's taken you though. We as Christians have been misunderstood this way many times, sometimes rightfully. But I can say, in all the things I've done, God has never been my justification, but has always been my provider; whenever I look back and think about all that's happened, I can't but thank a Creator for making the way safely and with provision.

As I look back on years passed, I also couldn't have done it without the help of my supporters, financially and prayerfully. If you've supported me financially, or in prayer, thank you so much for all you've been to me, as a support and a blessing.

Looking forward, my fiancé Joelle and I will be planning our wedding coming up mid-July. In the meantime, I'll be meeting with the directors of YWAM Winnipeg to see how I can help with them in their ministry starting in August. Your prayers and consideration would be greatly appreciated as we plan and figure out our future as a couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment