Thursday, March 21, 2013

Big Push: Peace & Justice Internship

For those of you who've been keeping track of where I'm at, you'll know that I'm currently on a Peace & Justice Internship with YWAM Winnipeg. So far, the internship has been a wonderful opportunity to get involved and learn to understand Winnipeg, my likely home for a while, as well as get a sense for God's heart in peace and justice issues. You can check out some of the blog posts about the internship here.

Along with doing the internship, comes finances. So far, through the gracious support of those behind me financially, and those who've donated, I've been able to raise most of the money I need to complete the internship. I started a campaign online to raise the rest of the money, and I've been able to reach 50% of my goal. So, being half way there, I only have to raise another $750 before I have all my finances! So I would like to ask if you would consider supporting me in this internship, and spreading the word to those you know to help with this good cause. You can share the page links on the left bar.





Thank you so much for considering supporting my effort here in Winnipeg. I intentionally try to avoid mingling finances too much on here because I know how much of a turn off it can be, but I find it important enough to share. And thanks to all those who've already helped me out! The internship here in Winnipeg has been going really well so far. It's been a very challenging insight into the way I see my goal in life of bringing peace to those around us. We often lose sight of the fact the the biblical translation of 'righteousness' is actually closer to 'justice' then 'morality'.

Here's how you can be praying for me while I continue forward:

•Obviously, pray for finances. Pray that all the provision I need would come by whatever avenue

•Pray for a clear, receptive mind. There's a lot to take in on this internship. We're listening to a lot of different people on some pretty intense stuff. Pray that I'd be able to take it all in in a healthy, proactive way as I learn more about living a life that resembles a Christlike justice and peace.

•Pray for connection! As part of the internship, we're set out to discover possible activities, organizations, or pursuits that embody and bring peace and justice into the world. Pray that I'd be able to make connections with people in Winnipeg so I can hope to be an effective force of positive change in the society I'm blessed to be a part of.


Thank you so much for your consideration and concern for all I'm doing up here in Winnipeg!

No comments:

Post a Comment