Friday, January 6, 2012

January Prayer Requests

It's that time for me to share my monthly prayer requests!  This is something I wanted to start doing in the new year as a way to help people know more about what I'm doing, going through, battling, and triumphing over.  I'm going to start doing this the first Monday of every month, so keep an eye out for them if you'd like to pray for me!  Thank you so much for who you are!  Also, if you'd like to receive my prayer card to put up somewhere, please email me at Jon.T.Owen@gmail.com and I can mail one to you!




Prayer Requests

•Going into the next year, please pray that God would continue to do the works in me of growth in appreciation of ministry life, and outreach in San Francisco.  He's really been teaching me how to be a missionary in the context of San Francisco.  Please pray he'd continue

•Pray that God would increase the Communications Department of YWAM San Francisco.  I want to see YWAMSF produce media about our ministries, videos about what we do, to attract people to join us in our efforts of reaching out to the city.  Pray that people with skills in video, design, and marketing would be drawn to YWAMSF.

•Pray for spiritual fortitude in an oppressive neighborhood.  The Tenderloin District of San Francisco has the second highest population of homeless people in all of America.  I believe that that is just a bi-product of the spirit of the area, with which you can imagine that there is a lot of oppression going on.  Please pray as our base of 30+ people reaches out into the darkness to shine a light

•Pray for personal my finances.  Living in San Francisco is expensive, and here at YWAMSF, I pay for the privilege to minister full time here.  Without this system, we wouldn't be able to do anywhere near all the opportunity we have in this neighborhood.  That being so, I'm simply subsisting on the income I'm blessed with while I'm here.  While this is good, if I'm thinking of the long term, and if I'm to pursue missions with my life, I'll have to be at least breaking even, and ideally able to save for overseas possibilities.  I'm hoping to gather 3 to 4 more people supporting my ministry between $15-25 monthly so I can prosper instead of survive.  While I'm not expecting people reading this to feel like they have to give, if you could pray!  I would be endlessly thankful


Praises

•Praise God for my first year at YWAM San Francisco!  This has such a stretching and fulfilling year of God's provision and teaching.

•Praise God that I was able to go home!  I had wanted to go home in winter, and didn't have enough money to get there.  God provided a way to get my ticket, and provided half the payment from the grace of other's support!  I'll be able to pay for the other approx $200 as I recieve support each month

•Praise God for all of you!  I thank God for all the people who read what I post, pray for my ministry, and support me in prayer and finance.  Without any of you, there'd be no way for me to do what I'm doing out here in San Francisco.  Thank the Lord for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment