Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Last Year; Reflections, Thoughts, Processes.

Man!  It's been a year, that's for sure.  It seems as if I'm finally starting to coagulate it into something tangible.  It's been a blur at times, and full of clarity others.  That's how it is though, isn't it?


This past year has been a year of learning, a year of processing, a year of growth.  As a missionary, this has been my first full year with YWAM.  As a human, and Christ follower, this has been the toughest most stretching year of my life.  I feel like Christ had been showing me glimpses into every nook and cranny of life every second of every day.  I grew to appreciate life in a million more ways than before.  I learned how others may live, how vastly different we may live, what struggles human beings may have in their lives, and both appreciate and steel myself for their realization.  If I was ever sheltered before, my eyes have been opened a little bit more.  This has been a year of appreciating others, a year of appreciating God, and a year of appreciating life.



I still don't fully feel like I'm able to compact everything that's been this last year into words that are proper enough.  I sometimes question if I'll ever be able to make sense of my experiences with words again!  Maybe I should start posting songs instead, ha.  Pray for me as I enter this next year.  I want to make a point to make a prayer points email, but for the time being, pray for further growth. Pray for a solidification of the things God is teaching me, and an ability to make it relevant to impart to others.  I feel so blessed by the things God shows me in my life, and it's out of that appreciation that I want others to know and see the things He's shown me.  Learning more about God, more about life, more about the world.  I only hope that I can learn to reconcile the former better to the latter in my pursuits in missions.

I just got back from a wonderful trip to Ohio, and got to see many great friends.  I'll write about that in another post to stipulate thoughts a bit.


I wanted to take some time to say to all those people reading this, I apologize for not being in such good communication this year.  I feel at times like I had great expectations on how I was going to communicate with people who support me and who are praying for me and I don't truthfully feel like I met them.  I'm too much of a perfectionist.  I feel everything has to be perfect before it can exist in a public setting.  I need to learn more that any communication is better than none.  If you've felt out of the loop, I apologize very much.  I want this year to be a year of building for the long haul.

Thank you all for your wonderfulness.  Thank you for baring with me in prayer and in personage.  You are all lights in the world who shine so brightly.  Don't ever let anyone let you think otherwise.  I hope everyone's new 2012 is wonderful.  No one has ever lived it before, so don't be afraid; don't fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment