Thursday, July 5, 2012

Partnership: A Catalyst

For the past year and a half here at YWAM San Francisco, I've been doing my ministry fundamentally by myself.  I've worked with people to facilitate the media projects and marketing, but as far as the actual stuff I've been doing, it's been just me.  It's been such a great time being able to learn along the way and gain new skills to help YWAM here in San Francisco, but I have to admit, it's been hard!



I think of myself often as a creatively mindsetted person, and a lot of the things I work with here are based off of stuff I've learned specifically for these purposes.  A lot of the stuff that goes into promoting and doing Communications for YWAMSF isn't common speech.  It's like how I feel with people talking about sports.  There's this other language that you speak that makes sense if you're informed about the context, but if you're not, you're lost.

Around the middle of last month, a friend of mine and former staff member of YWAM Las Vegas joined us here in San Francisco to do Communications.  Gosh the difference!  Having someone else working alongside me who understands Communications is a similar vein and has themselves been studying similar content to learn how to help in missions better is like a new world!  It's as if through working together in a likeminded way a third person's worth of work is capable where once there was only one.  It certainly pays to have help by someone who knows what's what.

The biggest thing this has taught me about is partnership.  There really is a reason why Jesus sent out in twos.  While often times you have to establish something alone, there is strength in numbers.  It makes me think about the ministry we do in everyday life.  Have you ever had a time when you were alone in something and it just made everything that much harder?  Are there avenues you're in now where you want to see Christ break through but you're alone?  Consider the power of partnership.  Find something that you have a passion about in your life, whether it's something you're already pursuing or otherwise. Figure out what causes you to want to bring Christ into that place, and find like-minded people to come alongside you.  You'd never know until you tried how successful you could be in an area you felt you were alone in with the help of someone else who gets it too.  You could find yourself stumbling into a fulltime calling, even something you do for the rest of your life!

Partnering with someone in Communications has been such a blessing and a healing thing having been alone in a lot of it for a year and a half.  While I'll only have a partner in Communications for three months, I know it'll be three months of growth and change for YWAMSF and its communications efforts.  Pray that someone else would come full time!!  And consider, where could you be more powerful as a chord of two?

No comments:

Post a Comment